Wednesday 14 October 2009

Continuity Project

This is a video of many different types of shots, from an extreme close up to a long shot. The different shots identify different and important factors to the mini story of the continuity project that I needed. It has helped me to understand the different shots and the different affects that the different shots have.
For example, there is an extreme close up of her. This indicates the fear and surprise which she feels when she is being attacked. There is dramatic irony as we, as the audience, know the attack is coming, we are left questioning why is she being attacked? Who was attacking her? What was the motivation for the attack? These questions urge the audience to continuing watching.
I think that this project went well because it flows and it has accomplished the aim set out. I now understand how to create a 180degree rule and understand how to put this into context.
I had several problems when creating this mini movie, such as, not getting the correct shots and having to retake them many times. Also knowing about where the best lighting was so that I, as the camera worker, was not in the shots as a reflection or shadow. In the future I will have more ideas about where to position myself in the best way possible so that I won't be in it.

1 comment: